Saturday, August 1, 2009

Saturday is sing-out-loud day

One day I was in the car with my sister listening to a CD I had burnt.

Whitney Houston came on: "I Wanna Dance With Somebody."

(she's so pretty!)

I wanted to sing, but I was embarrassed. Whitney is so dorky, right? WRONG!
I told my sister my dilemma and she gave me a look like, "you're an idiot." I realized I could SING OUT LOUD to Whitney and not care. Why should I let society, my peers or MTV tell me the music I like is wrong?

So today is SING OUT LOUD Day. What song are you embarrassed to sing out loud? Is it something by Celine Dion? Offspring? The Bee Gees? Snoop Dogg?

(The Bee Gees rock, by the way)

Roll down your windows and turn it up. Who cares if that guy in the car next to you thinks he's so much cooler than you.

5 comments:

  1. it's cause that guy just finished his rendition of "Dont Stop Believing." And Whitney's got nothing on Steve Perry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney's hair is not real this time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'M WALKING ON SUNSHINE, WHOA WHOOOOOAAO AND DOESN'T IT FEEL GOOD?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with your sis. and i've never heard of MTV critizing Whitney's songs as wrong or dorky. why would they? she's an icon, a legend. yeah she has had her ups and downs, but still one hell of a singer....

    .... also, i'm never embarrassed to sing a song out loud, especially in the car.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comment!
(good or bad. i can take it.)