Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Be prepared to be enraged...either at me for my prudish closemindedness or at society

Today at my internship, while I was writing the oh-so-fun “Just Announced” listings, I had the pleasure (sarcasm) to write a listing for an upcoming horror movie. I’m not going to mention the title, because I don’t want it to get any extra press (all three of my viewers).
Ok, fine. I'll mention it. Just in case some jerk is looking for info on it and gets directed here by some higher power. It's Deadgirl.

Here’s the blurb I wrote (based on the press release. I would not watch this film.):
“Two high school misfits find a naked girl chained up in an abandoned mental hospital. One boy wants to call the police, the other has more demented plans for her.”

Sounds like a real winner, right? WRONG! I was totally disgusted that people are making and watching films like this. Don’t they see how this portrayal of women associated with sex and violence is bad for everyone?

Why do people waste their talent like this? I’m sure the film doesn’t show how wrong these boys are. I’m sure the purpose is to excite viewers.

Why would any woman (or any person) participate in a project like this? It reminds me of the Carls Jr. commercial I saw yesterday where bikini model Audrina Patridge is eating a teriyaki burger. Doesn’t she see she is viewed the same as the meat in the burger?



Why would she do this? Why would Rilo Kiley allow their song to be associated with this commercial (or any commercial/ they are better than that!)?


I get mad when I go to a shared restroom and some guy has left the toilet seat up. How can I expect men in general to have the courtesy and respect to lower a toilet seat when as a whole, all they want to do is chain me up to a table in an abandoned mental hospital, put a plastic bag over my head and leave me for dead, so that other boys can come find me and have their sick way with me?

I do not apologize for my anger. As Rage Against the Machine says, "Anger is a gift."



DOES ANYONE HEAR ME??!!!

1 comment:

  1. i think you're closedminded .... no need to put my reasons on here since we've already talked about it.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comment!
(good or bad. i can take it.)