Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Who do you write like?


Apparently I write like
Cory Doctorow.

This is according to the Web site I Write Like, which analyzes your writing and tells you what famous author your writing is like.

I guess being compared to any famous author is flattering, and since I was consistently compared to Mr. Doctorow, maybe there's some truth there. (Or maybe this is another ego trip.)

I was also compared to Stephenie Meyer, author of Twilight. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

It's fun, even if it's not entirely accurate. Apparently "Norwegian Wood," written by John Lennon, sounds like Raymond Chandler. Really?

"I didn't ask to see you. You sent for me.
I don't mind your ritzing me or drinking
your lunch out of a Scotch bottle. I don't mind
your showing me your legs. They're very
swell legs and it's a pleasure to make their
acquaintance. I don't mind if you don't like
my manners. They're pretty bad. I grieve over
them during the long winter evenings.
But don't waste your time trying to cross-examine me."
-The Big Sleep

Ok, maybe. They both sound like women haters. And I always knew that song was about burning her place down!

And apparently Walt Whitman sounds like James Joyce. Maybe Joyce sounds like Whitman? And why can't Whitman sound like Whitman?

Anyway, now I'm going to have to read something by Doctorow to see if it's true.

And BTW, according to I Write Like, this post is like Stephen King.
Hmmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your comment!
(good or bad. i can take it.)