Saturday, September 5, 2009

Thank you, Current TV

In "Thank You, Recession," Current Vanguard goes to Argentina to link our recession to Argentina's 2001 Economic collapse.

People took to the streets, expressing their distrust of government and banks.


Life savings disappeared overnight. One man showed how he hides all his cash in his apartment – between magazines, in DVD cases...is it really wise to reveal to the world that your life savings are inside a copy of Terminator 2?

The part I liked the most was about Saint Cajetan.


He is known (according to Wikipedia) as the patron saint of the unemployed, gamblers, job seekers and good fortune.


Argentinians pray to him for jobs. Once a month, thousands of people line up at the Church of San Cayetano to pray.


One man Current interviewed said, "After two years of not having a job, suddenly I started getting job offers everwhere."


Saint Cayetano, please intercede on my behalf and help me find a job! At least help me keep the hope alive!

Hmmm...

I think I'll still search at craigslist, journalism jobs, media bistro, creative circle, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your comment!
(good or bad. i can take it.)